About This Blog

WARNING: Some of the photos posted on this page may be hard for people to see

Within days of posting my photo and message on Facebook, I had hundreds of people messaging me with their own similar stories. I felt like so many of us go through hard times in life, but we don't always have people to talk to. I want everyone to know that they are not alone! If you want to comment on my stories, please do, but please keep them kind.

If you want to share your story, please visit the page below for details, thanks!

Friday, August 28, 2015

Nadine Nicole, Passed Away at 22 Weeks

The following is an email I got from an amazing woman. Thank you Kimberly for sharing your story:

"I delivered at 22 weeks (18 years ago) because of an incompetent cervix which I didn’t know at the time since this was my first pregnancy.  During my pregnancy I had spotting but was told not to worry about it but if I was worried I could come in to get checked, so I did that for at least up to 16 weeks.  At 22 weeks I began experiencing some pressure and got check and was told the mucus plug was still intact but if I see sign of bright red clotting than get to the ER.  That day I went to lay down and when I got up had the sign that the doctor told me to be aware and went to the ER.  Got to the ER and trying to get out of the car my water broke. I got checked in and they were waiting for my regular doctor to see if they could do a rescue cerclage, but I was far too dilated and she was breech when I delivered her at 22 weeks and she lived only 30 minutes.  Even through I carried her for only 22 weeks she was a living person till she passed away.  I tired to post on your blog with my google but for some reason it would not let me so I went this route.  I would love to share my story that no matter what, at least to me,  getting pregnant means a human child/being that should live unless something happens that God feels the child/ren should not be here with us.  I think of my daughter, Nadine, every day and wish she was here.  Again, thank you for sharing your story. 

You had said, “I just want people to know that there are other options out there and there’s a place to share their grief. It’s okay to talk about it. People are so afraid that people aren’t going to want to hear about their baby who passed away. People do just want to share their story because that’s their child. Most people have never shared their pictures or told their stories.”

With you saying this means so much. At first I was able to talk about Nadine, but to show her on a “social site” - I just couldn’t bring myself to do it until this year when I posted pictures of my daughter, Nadine, on my Facebook page. I felt it was time for me to share my story/pictures of Nadine.  So for anyone who needs to share and not feel bad please share your story we all know how you feel.

Here are some pictures of my daughter Nadine Nicole.  I don’t know how to crop so if you feel you need to you have my permission to do so.  The hospital I was at would give the mother a keepsake box with pictures and other items of the child/ren that the mother had lost and if it wasn’t for them I would have nothing."

 
Kimberly Cross
Albuquerque, New Mexico (USA)


First picture (as the name written on the photo): Nadine wrapped up
Second picture:  Nadine laying in the keepsake box, if you look closer at the pic the flaps are open from the keepsake box, that’s how tiny she was…..she’s wearing her hat, shirt and blanket.
Third picture and Fourth picture:  were taken after she had passed away, 30 minutes after being born.


No comments:

Post a Comment