About This Blog

WARNING: Some of the photos posted on this page may be hard for people to see

Within days of posting my photo and message on Facebook, I had hundreds of people messaging me with their own similar stories. I felt like so many of us go through hard times in life, but we don't always have people to talk to. I want everyone to know that they are not alone! If you want to comment on my stories, please do, but please keep them kind.

If you want to share your story, please visit the page below for details, thanks!

Monday, August 24, 2015

Some Comments Regarding Abortion

I want to address the major criticism of my story. People keep saying that most abortions are performed before 12 weeks, so comparing how my twins look to an 8-12 week old fetus is using manipulation and isn't fair.

The only thing I have to say to that is that my babies were once 8 weeks, and 12 weeks. We all were. Those babies, even that young, will continue to grow and develop and be born and become adults one day. How can you say that it's ok to kill a baby (fetus) at 12 weeks but not at 20? Where do you think it's ok to draw that line?

These babies are humans, just like Chase and Cooper were. They have fingers and toes and a body and a beating heart. I will post a story tomorrow that includes a picture of a 14-15 week old baby who was stillborn. It's hard to look at, but you can clearly see that she was a baby, not a blob of cells.

I know that abortion is not an easy decision for most women who are contemplating it. And there are are a very small number of situations where abortion might be the best option. I am not trying to say that I know what is right for you. I just want people to realize that these babies inside of us are BABIES. They are LIFE. And I feel like we should do everything we can to try to save them and give them a chance at life. I don't know how to say it any clearer, so I will leave it at that for now :)

7 comments:

  1. Is there any way to message u ??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can email me at chaseandcooperellis@gmail.com :)

      Delete
    2. You can email me at chaseandcooperellis@gmail.com :)

      Delete
  2. Yes, that is always the debate... when does the 'embryo' or 'fetus' become a real person? (and therefore at how many weeks is it ok to discard...) Well, I have my views on that one, and I hope people don't mind too much if I share... I don't really think it is relevant to even decide when the little being has it's soul PHYSICALLY inside the case that is its earthly body... I believe we are always much more soul and personality than we are our physical casings (after all our soul continues to grow and develop, while eventually our bodies deteriorate and decay)... The body is just a vehicle that we inhabit (and should take care of) during our time on Earth. Rather, I personally think (and through my own experience with my two boys, as well as through rationalization as a scientist) that on fertilization a soul is designated to that organism. It is a human baby from dot... I could never condemn a person for making the decision, and I cannot and refuse to judge, but I hope that this perspective may help people make their choices, both with protection to avoid pregnancy, and in finding perhaps alternative solutions to abortion (such as adoption).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for acknowledging that you don't have the right to make decisions for others and that there could be a very small set of situations in which abortion could be an appropriate choice for a mother. I know its difficult to imagine, and I'm certainly not referring to healthy babies, but I've read about medical conditions which having abortion as an option is a mercy that can spare pain and suffering to both mother and baby. This is why I disagree with defunding PP completely. Instead I wish legislation could be changed to limit abortions to these very small number of extreme circumstances. I'm also curious what your stance is on stem cell research. I recognize that donating a family members body for research is an immensely difficult decision but I agree that discarding them instead when they could save the lives of others is tragic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Great points, and thanks for sharing. Regarding defunding Planned Parenthood, I feel as though these abortions for medical reasons could be done in other places, wouldn't you agree? If they are happening for medical reasons, it is usually the doctor or OB who suggests this as an option anyway, and they could perform the operation in their office/hospital. This is a very safe environment as well. We don't need planned Parenthood for these procedures.

      Delete