About This Blog

WARNING: Some of the photos posted on this page may be hard for people to see

Within days of posting my photo and message on Facebook, I had hundreds of people messaging me with their own similar stories. I felt like so many of us go through hard times in life, but we don't always have people to talk to. I want everyone to know that they are not alone! If you want to comment on my stories, please do, but please keep them kind.

If you want to share your story, please visit the page below for details, thanks!

Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Choosing Life, by Kim Haugen

Kim reached out to me on Facebook and told me that her adopted son was almost a late term abortion. Thank goodness his mother chose another way. Thank you so much for sharing such a miraculous story with us Kim! Read about their miracle:


"She was 15, scared, felt alone, inadequate. She found herself in a gown waiting for the door to open to end her pregnancy. As she was waiting for the doctor to enter the door, she could feel her baby moving inside of her growing belly. The minutes seemed like days inside that cold, dark room. All she could hear was the crinkling of the paper rolled out onto the table she was sitting on. She can’t explain what came over her, but she knew what she had to do. She had to run, and that is what she did. She ran out of that clinic as fast as she could, and she never looked back. 

Our son is now 2.5 and we were there the day that he was born. His selfless, beautiful birth mother chose LIFE for her son! Was it easy for her? No! There is nothing easy about being 15 and pregnant and having the world tell you that you can end all of it with one “quick procedure”. Every night when I go into my little boys room after he is fast asleep, I kiss his big curls and thank God that our son is alive. I thank Him for having His hand in that abortion clinic. And I continue to pray for all of the other girls that are feeling scared, helpless and alone in the same situation as our son's beloved birth mother was in not too long ago."


Kim Haugen is an adoptive mama to her beautiful 2.5-year-old son. She is married to the man of her dreams and they also have a 9-month-old daughter and are in the process of adopting again. They live in Minneapolis, MN.

No comments:

Post a Comment